For å få bryteren til å fungere skikkelig må du installere en Device Handler
Dette gjøres slik:
Notes – Using the below device handler, you have a few options for control using the below SmartApps:
- Button Control
- Other scene based Smart App type applications.
Developer Eric Maycock has created a custom device type for WallMote Quad and Duo and published it to Github for the public to use it. (https://github.com/erocm123/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/erocm123/)
SmartThings Hub Instructions for creating your own Device Handler:
Recommended WallMote Quad Device Handler
Follow the steps below:
- Login to Web IDE and click on the «My Device Types» link on the top menu (login here: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/)
- Create a new Device Handler by clicking on «New Device Handler» button in the upper-right corner.
- Click on «From Code.»
- Copy Erocm1231 code from Github, and paste it into the code section.
- Click on «Save», then wait for the spinning wheel to stop.
- Click on «Publish» -> «Publish for me»
- Install it on your WallMote Quad by going to «My Devices» page in the IDE
- Find your WallMote Quad.
- Go to the bottom of the page for the current WallMote Quad and click on «Edit.»
- Find the «Type» field and select your device handler. (should be located at the bottom of the list as Aeon WallMote).
- Click on «Update»
- Save Changes
NOTES: Before moving onto Button Controller SmartApp or Group Association use, make sure that you install the device handler above.
Button Controller (Central Scene Use)
The easiest way to get started to use WallMote with SmartThings is to install the Button Controller SmartApp developed and designed by SmartThings development team. To get install Button Controller, follow the steps below:
- Open SmartThings App from your Smart Phone.
- At the bottom click on «Automation»
- Near the top, select «SmartApps»
- Click on «+ Add a SmartApp»
- Scroll to the bottom of the list, and select «+ More»
- Click on «Button Controller» located on the top of the list.
Now you get to program Button Controller with the device desired. There are 2 separate parts, (1) first determining which button device to use, in this case you’d set the WallMote for this, (2) Programming what each button does when you tap or press and hold them which a bunch of provided options will be available to you here.
When programming each button, you will be setting up each button individually up to 4 buttons, every time you click on Next at the top right, it will move on to allow you to program the next upcoming buttons.
(1) Button 1 = Top left button.
(2) Button 2 = Top right button.
(3) Button 3 = Bottom left button.
(4) Button 4 = Bottom right button.
Here are some general steps to get started (continuing from the steps above):
- Tap on «Button – Tap to set»
- Select your WallMote (or your desired button controller).
- Now at the top right, click on «Next»
- You will now be taken to program Button #1 (top left button), scroll up and down and decide what you want to control.
- Click on «Next» at the top right corner»
- This will continue onto programming Button #2.
- Keep Following Steps 4 and 5 for each button control that you want to program.
- When you are done, and you have no need to program more buttons, just keep pressing next until the top right says «Save»
- Click on «Save» to finish.